Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • pavnikashyap
    Participant
    #41480 |

New single “Cold Crush” by 23 year old London based performer Mike Maro, is a dreamy and atmospheric jam that captures the best of what the modern face of rap can sound like. Mike is a conscious MC who excels at crafting smooth yet energetic, consistently thought provoking urban music. Inspired by American and British Hip Hop, Grime, R&B and Gospel, this is a well honed sound meant to inspire and captivate. Forward thinking music meant to move the body, mind and spirit, Mike Maro is a welcome addition to the landscape of global urban sounds and creative expression.

Driven by ethereal and organic beats, “Cold Crush” is a uniquely memorable song that will get heads bobbing around the world. Mike describes his creative process when making the song here:

“When I began producing “Cold Crush” I wanted to make a song that would be very reminiscent of my past and how certain aspects of my personality has come to be. That’s why there is the ongoing reverb on the strings I used. Leaving me enough space to vent therefore making the instrumental simplistic and the concept of me reminiscing of my childhood days engaging. My main point when writing “Cold Crush” was to make sure who ever knows me or knew me would be able to testify to the truths that I spit on the record.”

A consummate creative who began first weaving poetry and lyrics at the age of 11. Later a member of successful and heavily gospel influenced trio, Mike would record his first solo record at 16. By 18, he would get the chance to electrify audiences at a Nottingham Gate Crasher event as a solo artist. To this day Mike has been known to wear leather gloves on stage in a homage to his childhood hero, Michael Jackson.

Dedicated to social activism like 2Pac, the emotional brevity of Drake, with the storytelling of Kendrick Lamar, a bit of the leftfield sensibility of Danny Brown and the poetic vision of Ghostpoet, Mike Maro is an extremely talented unsigned artist to be on the lookout for. His new single, “Cold Crush” is a funky and rhythmic Hip Hop tune that will excite all fans of conscious and mind expanding urban music.

SoundCloud – https://soundcloud.com/mikemaro/mikemarocold-crush-1

YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIWEyDj55C4

FOR MORE INFO:

Attachments:
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.